This list is being constantly updated so keep coming back to see the new additions. Also, please leave any suggestions in the comments. Thanks.
For anyone in the web design and development industry, you should be checking most of these on a regular basis and you can’t go wrong subscribing to the RSS feeds of the following sites:
A is for A List Apart
A List Apart contains the best written advice and opinions of the top minds in the industry.
- Abduzeedo (design blog)
- Arbenting (design/development blog)
- Alltop (web design links)
- Affiliate Ranger (web design/development blog)
B is for Build Internet!
Build Internet! is a relatively new blog (although old compared to Inspect Element!) but has already established it’s place as one of the best blogs offering great development tutorials and more.
C is for CSS-Tricks
The place to go if you need help with anything to do with CSS. Also plenty of tutorials teaching you things that you didn’t know was possible.
- CSS3 Info (CSS3 blog)
- Cats Who Code (web development blog)
- CSS Line (CSS gallery)
- CSS Globe (CSS News)
D is for Design Bump and Design Moo
Design Bump and Design Moo both combine the social voting aspect of Digg but focused purely on the web design and development.
- Design Float (similar to Design Bump and Design Moo)
- Design-Newz (web design and development news)
- DevSnippets (web development blog)
- Design Jojo (design news and blog post round-up)
E is for Elliot Jay Stocks
Elliot Jay Stocks’ recent redesign of his site shows what is possible in modern web design.
F is for From the Couch
Video podcast hosted by brothers Marc and David Perel in which they talk about anything to do with web design.
- Freelance Switch (freelance blog)
- Fuel Your Coding (web development blog)
- ffffffive (creative inspiration blog)
- For A Beautiful Web (web design and development)
- Fudge Graphics (design blog)
G is for GoMediaZine
Great resource for all things design related.
- Grace Smith (web design and development blog)
H is for HTML 5 Gallery
As you can probably guess from the title, HTML 5 Gallery is a gallery of sites using HTML 5 elements.
- HTML 5 Doctor (web development blog focused on HTML 5)
- Hongkiat (web design/development blog)
- Hot Scripts (web development resource)
I is for I Love Typography
With Typography playing a huge role in Web Design, I Love Typography is the best blog out there for all things typography related.
- I’m Just Creative (design blog)
- In the Woods (web development blog)
- Instant Shift (design blog)
- Icon Finder (icon search)
- Inspired Mag (design inspiration)
J is for Just Creative Design
K is for Kuler
Excellent colour picker from Adobe and a great place to go for colour inspiration.
L is for Line25
Creative webdesign blog by Chris Spooner with a great looking design.
M is for Minervity
N is for Noupe
Great all round web design/development blog.
O is for Only Creative
Only Creative picks out portfolios of the most creative designers out there.
- Outlaw Design Blog (clue is in the title!)
P is for Pattern Tap
- Pixel Perfect (Firefox plugin)
The ultimate collection of design elements from around the web.
Q is for Qapture
Collection on what’s hot from the world of Twitter.
R is for Retinart
- Reencoded (web design and development resources)
S is for Smashing Magazine
What would this list be without Smashing Magazine?! The best site for designers (and developers) on the web.
- Six Revisions (web design and development blog)
- Sitepoint (web development blog)
- Spyre Studios (web design blog)
- Spoon Graphics (design blog)
- Sam Brown (web design/development blog)
- SlickMap CSS (CSS resource)
- Script & Style (web design and development news)
- Site Inspire (web design inspiration)
T is for Tutorial Magazine
Tutorial Magazine does a great job of rounding up the best tutorials including in both web design and development. Great presentation and nice simple design.
- Tutorial9 (web design and development tutorials)
- Typesett Magazine (typography focused web design and development blog)
- The Design Cubicle (design blog)
- The Doâ€™s & Donâ€™ts of Modern Web Design (web design and development tips)
- Think Vitamin (web design and development blog)
- The Web Design Blog (web design blog)
U is for Usability Post
Superb look at usability around the web and beyond. Doesn’t post very often but each one is absolute top quality.
- UX Booth (web usability blog and reviews)
V is for Vandelay Design
Another great all round web design/development blog.
W is for Web Designer Depot
Very creative design and has built up a great following due to the quality content.
- What the Font (font finder)
- Web Design News (web design news blog)
- Web Design Ledger (web design blog)
- WebDesignDev (web design/development blog)
X is for Nothing?!
I couldn’t find any greatÂ that begin with X but if you do then let me know in the comments and I’ll add it in.
Y is for You The Designer
Another one found while researching this post but doesn’t look like it would be out of place on any designer’s RSS reader.
Z is for Zach Krasner Times
Yet another one found researching and not surprising the only Z I could find. Looks to be a round-up of posts from across the web with a nice layout.
I’m sure that there are many more sites out there that I don’t know about or have just forgotten so I will be adding more as time goes on. If you find any more or know of any great sites, especially for the missing letters, then add them in the comments and I’ll see if they’re worth adding.